How To Share Events on Facebook?
Have you organized any events and want more people to know about them? If yes, then sharing events on different platforms is the way to go. Since Facebook is one of the largest media platforms, you can share events on Facebook to start. Facebook offers an easy and effective way to spread the word about events. In this article, we will cover the steps involved in sharing events on Facebook.
Table of Contents
What are Facebook Events and why to share them?
Facebook Events is a feature that allows users to create and share events on the social media platform. You can create an event on Facebook easily and there are several reasons why you might want to share it. You can promote your event effectively by sharing it on Facebook. Not only that, but you can stay updated on other events of interest by doing so.
How to Share Events on Facebook?
You can share events on Facebook very easily. This includes not only the events you created but also the events others created. Not only that but you can share the event as a post and also as a story. We will guide you through both methods.
Share Events on Facebook as Posts from Smartphone
You can share events on Facebook as posts in your profile, a group, or even a page. It is a simple yet very effective method to increase the audience at an event. To share Facebook events as posts, follow the steps given below:
- Open Facebook on your smartphone.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right-hand corner.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘See more’ and on ‘Events’.
- Tap on the share button below the event.
- Select where you want to share the event.
- Describe the event and tap on ‘Share now’.
- You will see the event as a post where you shared it.
You can share the event in your timeline, a friend’s timeline, a group, or to the page you manage. For this tutorial, we have selected Feed. So, by following the above steps you can easily share the event as a post.
Share Facebook Events as Posts from PC
Sharing the events on Facebook as posts is also possible from your PC. The method is similar to the above method. To share Facebook events as posts from a PC follow the steps below:
- Open Facebook Events on your browser and sign in if you have not already.
- Tap on the share button below the event and choose the destination.
- Describe the event and then tap on ‘Share’.
- You will see the event where you shared it.
You can share the event on your feed, to a page, a group, or on a friend’s profile as well. We have selected ‘Share to Feed’ in this case. So, by following these easy steps, you will be able to share events on Facebook from your PC. You can share the events you created as well as events from others.
Share the Event in Story
The next option to share Facebook events is by sharing them in a story. However, you can follow this method only on smartphones, and is not available for PCs. To share the event in a story follow the steps below:
- Open the Facebook application on your smartphone.
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Scroll down below and tap on ‘See more’ and on ‘Events’.
- Find the event you want to share and open it.
- Tap on the three dots by the side of Going and on ‘Share’.
- Tap on ‘Facebook Story’.
- Make any necessary changes and tap on ‘Share’.
- The event will be posted in your story.
By following the steps above, you can share events on Facebook story. You can also share the event on Instagram story, messenger, and other places as you want.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why am I not able to share a Facebook event?
You might not be able to share a Facebook event if it is private. If you are not the creator of the event then also you may not have permission to share it. The next reason can be that the event has already expired or it violates Facebook policies.
Why can’t I post on a Facebook event?
You may not be able to share a post on a Facebook event as in some events only the host can post. In other events, the host might need to approve your post before they appear in the event discussion.
So, if you share your business, organization, or personal events on Facebook, it can help with promotion. Facebook Events has sharing capabilities, making it a fantastic resource for event planning, promotion, and attendance. We hope you got your answer on how to share events on Facebook. Please share this article with your friends and help us grow. If you have any queries or comments do leave them in the comment box.